Wednesday, November 9, 2005

11/8/2005

Well, I'm back in Beaumont, TX, after a long weekend home. The time with my family was great, expecially since this will be the last time I see Michael for a long time. Peter was also able to make it back, and I know my mom enjoyed looking down the pew on Sunday and seeing all of our bouncing legs!

The most exciting part of the trip was actually the flight out, or rather, attempting to catch the flight out. You know how tickets say that you have to be to the gate 15 minutes early or you'll lose your spot? Completely untrue! I proved that you can get to the gate 15 seconds before closing and still get on! Although, I must say, it's not an experience I'd like to repeat. I guess I'll leave a few minutes earlier next time (Just kidding, Dad! I'll leave at least, oh, half an hour earlier!). Oh, and here's my public recognition to God for letting me catch my flight. On Tuesday (11/1) at Bible study we were discussing how often we forget to thank God for what He's done, especially the quick "help me" prayers. Well, I definitely offered a few of those on my mad drive to the airport, so thank you, Lord!

Aside from seeing my family, the best part of this weekend was catching up with some friends that I hadn't seen since high school. Christi and Megan and I were great friends in youth group and on the missions trip to Bolivia, so it was great to find out what they are up to. We're basically the same as when we last met, single and with no prospects of that changing, but with one important difference: none of us really cared. It's amazing how far I've come in the past few months in regards to my romantic desires, and to see how all of my friends are at the same point too. Who knows, I may be an old maid yet . . . ;)

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Just to reiterate - do not tell your daddy how close you cut it when getting to the airport. If you don't have a 2 hour wait at the airport, you have cut it too close for him. :)

    ReplyDelete