Saturday, November 26, 2005

11/26/2005

Home again, home again, jiggity jig. That's where I am, after a wonderful Thanksgiving in Michigan and a rather bumpy ride home.

I flew out to Michigan Tuesday night and, after some confusion over the layout of the Detriot airport (they really should have better signs!!!), met up with my parents. We drove to Lansing the next day to spend Thanksgiving with my dad's family and Peter and Melissa, who were fortunately able to come as well.

It was great to see all my Michigan relatives again, after having not seen most of them since last Thanksgiving. My cousins are beginning to walk (Cassie, 2.5), drive (Ken, 15.5), and get ready to graduate (Ruthie, 17). It's so weird to see those last two growing up. Just as with my cousins on my mom's side, I still envision them as my (much) younger relatives, and to see them about to leave high school makes me feel old. Of course, I imagine some of you may be laughing about a 21-year-old feeling old (and I must admit I'm nowhere near as old as some of you! ;), but knowing that kids I babysat are now old enough to babysit others is a little sobering. It makes me feel like I should be, you know, adultish. Oh, perish the thought!

Anyway, we also celebrated my grandfather's 80th birthday (one of those who is far older than me), and I, the slacker I am, had nothing. I didn't have anything for our Christmas celeration either. Can I still blame it on the hurricane? Probably not, but here's wishing you a happy 80th, Grandpa, a Merry Christmas to all my Michigan relatives, and a promise that maybe I'll send something in the mail . . .

Well, I better go work on getting my Christmas decorations up, because if I don't do them now, I never will. It's just hard to work up the motivation to do something no one else will probably see (cue the violin music . . . :)

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment