Wednesday, November 30, 2005

11/30/2005

As promised to a few of you, here's a link to John Hofmeister's (President of Shell Oil Company and U.S. Country Chair) testimony before a joint hearing of the Senate Energy Committee and the Senate Commerce Committee on November 9.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=us-en&FC2=/us-en/html/iwgen/news_and_library/press_releases/2005/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/us-en/html/iwgen/news_and_library/press_releases/2005/senate_testimony.html
en/html/iwgen/news_and_library/press_releases/2005/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/us-en/html/iwgen/news_and_library/press_releases/2005/senate_testimony.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there's a link to a pdf file of the transcript.

I've talked to a couple of you about the nature of working in the oil business and how, even though we may be making record profits, it's not all a bed of roses. I could go on and on about my personal experiences (and am more than willing to, if you care to ask for more), but Hofmeister actually makes all the same points.

Anyway, on a lighter note, since I'm talking about work, here's a couple pictures of me as the "Diversity Defender." Don't ask!! ;)


3 comments:

  1. OK I won't ask but it sure would be nice to know what a "Diversity Defender" is so I could discuss it intelligently with others when the subject comes up in conversation.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hofmeister's speech is very interesting. Thanks for linking to it. I shared it with a colleague at work.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't you going to be in CO for Christmas?
    Diversity Defender... maybe when I get my proposal written I can call and find out more;) Missing you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete