Saturday, August 4, 2012

More Goodbyes

Today was loading day. After having our house reduced to boxes on Wednesday, now it was time to see how much space we could take up in the big truck. We asked them to wait until 10:00 to come, though, as we had scheduled a breakfast with our good friends, Steph and Elijah. They are some of the first folks I came to know down here in Beaumont, as Elijah was instrumental in creating and leading the worship and devotional group that I stumbled upon (or, more accurately, was led by God to) when I first moved here. Over the years, I've watched with joy as God brought them together and grows their family and they've done the same with Michael and me (well, not the "grow the family" bit - yet!). Elijah was transferred to Houston in January and we have missed our weekly get-togethers and will miss them even more now that a weekend meetup will no longer be quite so easy! I am so thankful we were able to meet for breakfast, particularly since they brought along their newest addition, sweet little miss Eden!

Why yes, you are adorable . . .
. . . and I am quite happy to hold you!


Elijah and Michael
Me and Steph and a sleepy little Eden!


After breakfast, we headed back home, just in time for the movers to show up with a massive truck. Yep, I don't think we even took up a third of it, although I wasn't around to see the final loading. I was gracious enough to leave that pleasure to Michael as Nylah came and picked me up for Elizabeth's baby shower at 1:00. According to Michael, they finished up around 3:00, so it took them 5 hours total.

At Elizabeth's shower we were able to celebrate the impending arrival of Lily. So sad I will not be around to meet her as a baby, although hopefully we'll see each other again once we're all in Houston. At the party, I ended up sitting between Elizabeth's mom and aunt. They're twins and they were a hoot! So fun.

Some of the party-goers
Elizabeth has something to say!


My gift - I forgot to take a picture of my pretty wrapping!
The whole crew

No comments:

Post a Comment