Monday, January 8, 2007

1/8/2007

I better have kids, that's all I can say . . . I have a highly developed mothering instinct, and unless I have kids, other poor souls are going to have to bear the brunt of my hyperactive motherness. I am even, I have discovered, very protective of my units. Don't you dare touch them without talking to me first! Ouch! I definitely think certain colleagues of mine are a little scared of me. . . . Actually, that kind of makes me proud that I can instill fear (or, as I like to call it respect) when I'm only a young female engineer. Hopefully it bodes well for my career.

For the anonymous commenter (I'm popular enough to have an anonymous poster! This is either exciting or scary, I can't decide which!) two posts down, yes, Molly Ringwald is an actress. In fact, for all the wondering types, I did go ahead and look up all the celebrities I was compared to. They are:

Michelle Rodriguez: actress, most famous for role in TV series Lost
Harvey Keitel: actor, often portrays a thug
Shirley Temple: child star, famous for being cute (incidentally, I was often told I looked like Shirley Temple as a child, particularly when Mom put my hair up in the dreaded overnight curlers. The though of them STILL makes my head hurt!)
Josie Maran: Supermodel, famous for appearing in the SI swimsuit issue
Heath Ledger: Actor, known to me for the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, known to the general public as "that guy in Brokeback Mountain"
Jordana Brewster: Actress, often named in "100 Hottest Women" lists
Bill Gates: Microsoft founder, famous for being rich
Molly Ringwald: Actress, famous for starring in 1980s-era John Hughes' movies

Go Buckeyes!!!

2 comments:

  1. Naomi,

    To become a mommy, you first need to get married. Does this mean you want me to do some match making for you? :-)

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess. I am anonymous. I didn't intend to be -- I just forgot to sign my name.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete