Friday, June 9, 2006

6/9/2006

Great news! My eyesight has not changed from my last check up. This means I can continue to use the few pairs of contact lenses I have left as well as the new ones I ordered. Which is good, considering I'll be changing them more often. The eye doctor chided me on my lax schedule in changing them, which is about every six weeks. Apparently they are only supposed to be worn for two weeks. Of course, I thought they were four week lenses, but I guess that still doesn't excuse my laziness . . . and according to the eye doctor, my eyes are showing the telltale blood veins of too little oxygen, although I can't seen them. No matter, I hereby do declare my intention to religiously change my lenses every three weeks! (The doctor said I could wear them a little longer since I don't sleep in them).

In other news, I may have found a roommate. Or rather, she found me. Well, to be quite honest, some of the guys at work found me for her. Is that quite clear as mud? The story is that she's one of the interns at work, and, just like my internship experience, she was given very little help finding a place to stay for the summer besides being given the name of hotel where rent (if you can call it that) is $320 a week. A male intern was also staying there, but some of the guys at work who live together offered up their living room futon. He was hesitant to leave the girl at the hotel by herself (apparently some "interesting" characters reside there), so I was called upon. Of course, I am more than happy to oblige, especially as it will help with paying off my mortgage, but . . . it means I have to get the house cleaned up. I have to admit, there are many benefits to living on one's own, and a big one is not having to worry too much about housekeeping. Anyway, she's going to come by tomorrow or Sunday to check the place out and probably move in the same day . . .

The last little tidbit is small, but warms my heart, especially now that I live far away from my parents' garden. I had a wonderful lunch today, consisting mainly of a delicious BLT, complete with homegrown tomatoes. My back door neighbor was out while I was mowing my lawn the other day and offered me some of his bounty, which I gladly accepted. Although, he must think I pack away a lot more than I do, because he gave me quite a stash. Not that I'm complaining. Oh no, home grown tomatoes are nothing to sneer at! I'll just have to make some salsa . . . :)

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Naomi,

    Why dont you get the eye surgery like I did. Oh thats right you'd have to pay for it.

    Well I'm paying for mine now.

    Take it easy
    Michael

    ReplyDelete