Sunday, June 11, 2006

6/11/2006

Well, another hurricane season is upon us. June 1st was the official start, and we already have a named storm, Alberto (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/). Fortunately, it looks like it won't be too bad and however bad it turns out, it's headed for Florida, so SE Texas doesn't have to worry. Although, I have a good friend who will be moving to that exact area in July, so of course, I will have to start worrying about Florida storms now too . . .

Oh, and I do have a new roommate. In the time I've spent with her so far (all 2 hours of it), she seems nice. She is a junior in mechanical engineering at University of Houston and also part of a ballet company. The nice thing about her being from Houston (that's where her family is as well as her school) is that I think she'll go home most weekends. Which means I'll still hopefully have Saturdays to laze around and not get out of my pajamas. :)

Well, I must finish cleaning the kitchen. Now that I have a roommate, I can't be a slob!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you wore pajamas!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, so how is the cleaning going? I have a hard time believing that your house will ever be spotless, especially since you spend all your free time going out clubbing...

    I, on the other hand, went in to work on my first day back in the States. I've also spent the afternoon putting together my bedroom/office. I guess we know which one of us is more mature and responsible...

    Love,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete