Friday, June 2, 2006

6/2/2006

Well, I bit the bullet today and scheduled some doctor visits. The first is to see an eye doctor, which shouldn't be bad, but the second is for (as my plant physician so delicately put it) a "well-woman" checkup. Ugh. This will be my first "well-woman" checkup and I am not looking forward to it. The worst part is that the earliest I could get it scheduled was near the end of June, so I have an entire month to dread it . . .

In other, happier news, I visited my local library today and got a library card. They actually have a quite decent selection, considering the size of the town and library. Of course, nothing to compare to good ol' FCPL, but satisfactory none-the-less. The only thing that threw me for a loop is that I was supposed to provide a local reference. I had left my cell phone at home, so I didn't have any phone numbers, plus I don't know the address of anybody down here. I ended up putting in a friend's work phone number and leaving the address blank. Hopefully they won't come hunt me down . . .

Well, I am anxious to get to my books (almost all cheesy Christian romances, my favorite junk food for my brain ;) . Have a wonderful day, ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. yay for a post!
    it sounds like you are doing well:) good luck getting your library card!
    What's funny is I know someone who misses her home library because it's much better than FCPL.

    ReplyDelete