Wednesday, June 21, 2006

6/21/2006

I was chatting with my mom tonight, and she kept mentioning how she was going to "the gathering" this summer. Upon my questioning her, she revealed that she is going to North Dakota to meet up with a bunch of Where's Georgers and (get this) swap money! (For the uninitiated, Where's George is a place the slightly wacky (sorry, Mom ;) go to to track money movement. The entire family thinks Mom needs an intervention.) Besides the faintly illegal sound of it (after all, she does launder and deface legal U.S. tender (although, in her defense, the laundering is to get the bills clean and the defacement is not with the purpose of making the bills unusable)), her continual reference to the meeting as "the gathering" sounded faintly, I don't know, horror-movie-like-ish? Mom thought I was thinking of The Shining, but no, sure enough, there truly is a horror movie called The Gathering. So see, Mom, you have lost it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Naomi,

    You didn't mention about how I have to account for all the money I spend. I have to know where I spend each specific bill. After I have been shopping Mom goes through my billfold to see which bills are remaining. There is sense of relief when I have properly accounted for all bills.

    Actually, I enjoy finding out where our money travels, of course it is an excuse to look at a map (one of my hobbies).

    Anyway, just think when you get old you too might have hobbies similar to ours, none of this wild dancing. :-)

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete