Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine Craft Win

So my last (and only) craft post was about the total mess I made of a Halloween wreath. It was epic. I even made it on to Pinstrosity and they rated it a 4 out 5 on their failure scale. Ouch! (You better believe I was loving it! ;-P). So, you might think I would have wised up and stuck with cooking or needlework, my more successful endeavours, but I was bound and determined to make a wreath! Fortunately, this one turned out much better than the first!

My initial inspiration was the wreath found here, but I hadn't pinned that image and couldn't remember the details or initially find the post when I went to make the wreath. Fortunately, my good friend Crystal who was visiting all the way from CO found the following pin and we went after it!

http://www.clumsycrafter.com/2012/03/deco-mesh-wreath-tutorial/
We shortly stopped going after it when I realized I didn't have all the appropriate supplies (namely, pipe cleaners) and after the fiasco last fall, I've learned my lesson - no half-baked substitutes! We actually tried fabric strips as well as floral wire - that actually might have worked but I could tell it was taking too much time. So the next day, after dropping Crystal off at the Metro, I picked up some pipe cleaners and made it happen. Bask in the awesomeness.

Isn't it pretty?

Captured in its natural environs - it's huge!
I am so happy with how this wreath turned out. Even though it is much bigger than I expected (that deco mesh really poofs out!) it still looks so lovely on the door. I love leaving the house and coming back and seeing it - it just makes me smile! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment