Friday, February 8, 2013

Dress Shirt Pillow

I am just so excited about this pillow I just finished, I had to share it! Michael wore through the elbows on one of his favorite dress shirts and rather than throw it away, I made a pillow cover. I'm sure I've seen this online before (not sure I would be that creative without inspiration) but I didn't look up any specific instructions - I just started cutting away, using a pillow cover we already have as a guide. It was super-easy, since the buttons provided the natural opening/closing location so I didn't have to make an envelope closure or sew in a zipper. The most time-consuming was ironing in the interfacing (I wanted to stiffen up the fabric since it was a rather thin dress shirt). Then zip, zip, zip, zip, four lines super quick, turned the pillow right side out and zip, zip, zip, zip again and it was done. Awesome! Michael better keep a close eye on his remaining dress shirts - they might just start disappearing! ;-)

In its designated habitat - note the parrot artwork above

Please ignore the wrinkled pillowcases - I didn't feel like ironing them for this shot. In fact, I never feel like ironing them. Who does that?!

Money shot with better light. Isn't it purdy?

No comments:

Post a Comment