Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Success!

We have found a house - at least, we think so. After looking at 30+ homes over two days, we made an offer on Friday and it was accepted. Whew! I'll post more details after it's all finalized, but we are very thankful to have found a place that seems nice. At first we were looking inside the beltway, but nothing in our price range really met our expectations - too much HGTV, I guess! Moving just outside the beltway made a huge improvement and we saw several homes we liked. The one we settled on is just 2 miles from Michael's office and he can get there without getting on the freeway. It'll still probably take him 10-15 minutes, but far better than the hour+ commutes many people have!

I'm now back in SETX, but Michael is staying in NOVA until next Wednesday to transition with his predecessor. Thankfully, I have this coming weekend to look forward to, so hopefully I won't be too lonely . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment