Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Last I-10 Closure?

Here's hoping!

As noted earlier, we are a one-car family this week, meaning I am acting as Michael's chauffeur, taking him to and from work on my way to and from work. On our way home, we were prevented from getting on the freeway, as apparently there was a bad accident. Fortunately, we were able to bypass it all and get on Pine Street - last time this happened (for a chemical spill), Michael was forced to go eastbound on I-10 and was in stop-and-go traffic for over an hour before he could turn around and come home! This is probably the 4th or 5th time since being married that I-10 has been closed at the downtown exit. We will certainly not miss this part of living in SETX - although, I'm not sure the traffic in NOVA will be any better!

In other news, we spent some time tonight packing the items that will be coming with me versus going with the movers. You know, all the important stuff - liquor, jewelry and spices. Is there anything else?!

No comments:

Post a Comment