Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Little Laugh

So, an amusing story from today. My company provides a quarterly incentive to meet safety, environmental and business targets. Today was the day to pick up the gas cards for first quarter. I went to pick mine up and was greeted with a long line. Peeking up at the front, I saw there were actually three lines, based on last name: A-F, G-M and N-Z. Of course, Murphy's Law prevailed and my line was the longest. I spent the 15 minutes waiting to get to the front staring longingly at the line beside me . . . or rather the lack of line. Why couldn't I be in that (non-existent) line? Three people were left in front me when my brain finally clicked . . . I DO belong in the G-M line, NOT the N-Z line! Yep, I felt a bit sheepish at that realization, especially since it came with verbalization, so everyone in line had to give me grief. Ah well, at least I recognized it in time to save me, oh, 30 seconds! ;-P

1 comment: