Thursday, February 16, 2006

2/16/2006

I must apologize for my deliquency in posting. I do have a somewhat valid excuse, however. My cable was down for a week, which affected not only my TV viewing, but also my ability to et online. In fact, it was the internet part that was more bothersome than the TV part. I can live without TV, not so the internet! Although, had the cable not gotten fixed 5 hours before the Olympic opening ceremony, I would have been one unhappy camper! Fortunately, I have been able to enjoy the Olympics from the start and am looking forward to the men's free skate tonight. :) :)

Despite the fact that I haven't posted in a while, you haven't missed much. I was pretty sick last week, enough so that I missed work on Friday. I was worried I was going to get the lingering cough, but gallons of water and cranberry juice must have staved that off. Sadly, though, I had to miss a camping trip, Settler's of Catan game night, plus a discussion on limited atonement at church. I would gladly give those up again, though, if that's what it takes to keep from getting the seal-like bark.

Other than that, nothing too exciting. To show how boring my life is and how completely pathetic I am, I must confess that this afternoon I spent some time using my digital camera to record myself talking and singing. I've always wondered what I sound like and after today I can confirm that I cannot sing! Ouch, I was terrible! I sang along with songs off my computer and boy, did I butcher them. Not that this is any surprise, but I thought I could at least carry a tune! My church singing volume is going to approach zero from now on. Either that, or I'll have to sit far away from anyone else!

Oh, and I had not one, but two guys call to wish me happy Valentine's Day. Very odd!

2 comments:

  1. Naomi,

    Sadly I have a seal bark cough.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend,
    I'm glad you do not have a seal bark cough (unlike the rest of us) and thought I would let you know Logan called you wierd. I defended you:) te amo! I am glad you had some valentine's day wishes! I hope you have a great weekend
    Heather

    ReplyDelete