Friday, December 7, 2012

Insurgent Fail

So remember how in my last book post I promised - PROMISED - that I was going to finish Insurgent so that I could move on to the books I had checked out for my new series of book reviews? Yeah, so, about that . . . I started Insurgent and I was moving at a fairly quick pace when . . . I hit a wall. I don't know what it was, but I could not summon the desire to read any more. I was 42% finished (thank you, Kindle) and doing everything I could to avoid reading it.Of course, I felt like I couldn't move on to another book until I finished it so . . . no reading for almost three weeks. Finally, two nights ago, I admitted to myself that I just don't want to read Insurgent right now and that it was OK to let it go. I'll probably pick it up sometime down the road - I guess with all that's been going on lately, I'm just not feeling the doom and gloom of post-apocalyptica right now. Freed from that burden, I've gone on a bender, finishing 4 books in two days (helped by a 5 hour plane ride to Phoenix). So fasten your seatbelts, folks, the reviews are going to start coming fast and furious!

No comments:

Post a Comment